- 16cm / 5" Cutting Edge
- Sturdy blade with a deep heel & swept edge for chopping & dicing
- Made without compromise
- Stabilised Mexican bocote wood handle
- Super-premium Sandvik 14C28N® martensitic blade steel
- Heat treated & cryogenically soaked to hardness Rockwell C 60
- Designed by renowned knifemaker Keith Moorby
- Every knife is unique, made like no other
- Limited edition of 2,000 pieces
- Each knife is individually numbered
- Stunning presentation gift box
- Not for purchase by anyone under 18 years of age. Please note that you may be contacted to provide photo ID before completion of your order.
For this edition of the Premier Collection range, Taylor's have chosen Mexican Bocote wood timber to form the handles, paired with high specification Sandvik 14C28N® martensitic blade steel, secured with stunning copper & brass mosaic rivets. The boldly - figured grain of the Mexican Bocote tree lends itself perfectly to the striking blade shapes we have carefully designed. To enhance the hand feel & to improve durability & water resistance, the wood has been "stabilised" by replacing almost all the moisture in the raw timber with resin under a high vacuum. You will notice that each pair of handle scales has been kept together during all stages of production for a perfectly matched contiguous grain. Breaking with tradition, the Swedish chromium stainless steel we have selected for this knife promises unrivalled corrosion resistance & thanks to our expertise in hardening, excellent edge retention.
Each raw blade blank is individually heat treated & cryogenically soaked to achieve a typical hardness of Rockwell C 60. This is not your average knife. It's at this stage that the blade is symmetrically taper ground. Precision & consistency is achieved thanks to our suite of computer aided grinding machines. The final cutting edge is ground & polished by hand ensuring unparalleled sharpness from heel to tip.