We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 07/07/2020.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
· name and job title where applicable
· contact information including email address & telephone number
· geographic information such as address and postcode
WHAT WE DO WITH IT
We may use the information you provide when placing an order only to service that order. We do not share this information with third parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service. For example, we need to tell Royal Mail your address to deliver your order, and our employees in order to administer your account & process your order.
In addition, we retain this information for the following purposes:
- Internal record keeping
- Process the registration of your customer account and maintain your customer account
- In order to deal with any enquiries, requests or complaints made by you
- In order to contact you directly regarding your order or account
- If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we may pass on details of people involved in fraudulent activity to law enforcement agencies.
WHAT WE WILL NOT DO WITH IT
- We are as frustrated by spam as you are! We will not bombard you with marketing emails.
- We will never share your data with third parties except to the extent necessary to fulfil your order.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Cookshops (UK) Limited, 10 Matlock Street, Bakewell, DE45 1EE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.